
Need to share this with, well, whoever is reading the blog...
If you've read past postings ( or if you haven't, ) I talk about my best friend from childhood. Her name is Marsha and the post title is about how we aquired heels to play dress up when we were kids. Pretty funny. And today is her Birthday. I won't tell which one :)
I think I may have posted about how in the 1950's we always got one pair of shoes for school and they had to last all year. So when they would get a hole in the sole, we would put cardboard inside to cover it up. And they were ALWAYS Saddle Shoes! So now we laugh about that and I say I'll never wear those kinds of shoes again. I really hated them.
Well, Marsha is now the Shoe Queen, so I couldn't resist sending her a pair of Saddle Shoes for her big day. I only wish we didn't live so far apart because I would have loved to see the look on her face when she opened the package. (It arrived early but I made her promise not to open it until today). But she sent me some pictures with her new shoes so I wanted to share.
Oh, the fun card I sent her said:
A good friend would come and visit you in jail
A great friend would bail you out
But a friend like me would be in the next cell!
It's fun having birthdays when you get older. You can do goofy things and people just blame it on your age. In fact, I am known to to that even when it isn't a birthday!
Ok, thanks for stopping by.
Till next time
No comments:
Post a Comment