Gene Barry, who played the well-dressed man of action
in the television series "Bat Masterson," has died at age 90
of unknown causes....
in the television series "Bat Masterson," has died at age 90
of unknown causes....
In the Western "Bat Masterson," he was a frontier dandy
who rarely resorted to gunplay, choosing instead
to beat his rivals senseless with a gold-handled cane.
who rarely resorted to gunplay, choosing instead
to beat his rivals senseless with a gold-handled cane.
I remember watching Bat Masterson and always thought
he was so good looking and, well, debonair! Even though
he was a little wicked with the cane....
Now days it would probably be considered "too violent".
Kind of like all the fun childhood cartoons they took off the air...
That's another story.
But he's still a childhood memory that is now,
along with others, being laid to rest.
So now, let me hear if you remember "Bat".
And here's a *Gold Handled Cane* salute to him.....
Have a great weekend,
and hold tight to all your memories.

5 comments:
Aw, I'm sorry to hear this. I liked Gene Barry during my childhood. Had actually forgotten all about him. Definitely remember
Bat Masterson, I used to watch it with my dad.
He is a handsome devil, but I didn't realize this until I got older. I love how these sweet guys live to an old age. I never watched him much at all I was all into "The Rifleman" he was good, and cool and Mark was so cute and proud of his Daddy who only did good. Sweet memories. May he rest in peace.
Oh I remember Gene! But not so much for 'Bat Masterson.' I remember him more from "Burke's Law" on tv and the original film of "War Of The Worlds."
A very handsome man. A handsome devil, like 'Pearl' said! Yummm.
RIP
Just a thought...he *aged* well, just like Sean Connery. What a HUNK he is!
Vicki
Definitely a loss felt by his passing. His face became familiar like so many of the wonderful actors from the past. This is a really nice tribute to a "swell" guy! Thanks for the memories! Coralie
Post a Comment