LOVEABLE QUIRKY PEEPS

8/22/10

VACATION THING FOR WEEK 16...

Here it is, week 16 already. I've been moving for the last three days. Finally got the computer going again. Went to visit PJ and see what chapter one was.....

Seems Mrs Matlock is really on a Tangent! Ok teacher, I'll try this weeks Centus and hope it's understandable.

For any of you more confused than I am, here's a link to what it's all about...
Jenny Matlocks wrench throwing class...

And here's my feeble try...


MY SUMMER VACATION


My summer vacation
was spent in a dorm.
Which for me,
isn't the norm.

Out in the desert
where lizards come to die.
Wind blows like crazy,
And no apple pie.

I couldn't cook,
no kitchen in that room.
The flooring was carpet,
no need for a broom

Been here since April
with not much to do.
But on this computer
I could talk to you.

And I write stories
about many things.
Together with PJ,
our tales caused some dings.

But now I'm in housing,
on this Army Base.
And here I am trying
to fill in this space...


THE END!







p.s.
I took PJ's lead and did it in prose.
Now I need to go look up THAT word...








Keep Smilin (o:

12 comments:

PERMANENT POSIES said...

I loved your prose! Glad I stopped by to read it.

Cheryl said...

Good one, Vicki. I wondered where you were this week. Moving. Oy.

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

You did it in poetry....like I did. We didn't do it in prose.

MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Good one, Jake!

Tracy said...

Good job done well. I loved it

Sue said...

Nice job! Fun, too.

=)

jeff campbell said...

Well done...and in poetry...I love it! Peace

Kat said...

Nicely done! Like what you did with the prompt. Moving? Yikes. Hope things are settling down for you.

Viki said...

Wonderful job on this.

jfb57 said...

I love it when a poemcomes together! Great post!

RockiBottom said...

Well done! Love the poem.

Tina said...

I wish you all the best in your new place. I liked this poem a lot!

Jenny said...

You two! Always so clever!

I'm so glad you're out of the dorm room! Is this place better?

You have really had a lot of changes this year...I guess it's definitely been a busy summer vacation for you!

Thanks for linking! You are as clever as always.