LOVEABLE QUIRKY PEEPS

10/31/10

CHANGES...and stuff...

 
In my life and now on here..

Not sure I like  bloggers new templates.

But here it is, for now...

Ok, on to what this is about...




I gave candy to a lot of cute kids tonight.

Living where I am, there are rules.

Trick or treating went from 6:30 until 8:00.
Kind of makes it nice to know when to expect them.

One tiny little gal, dressed as Tinkerbell, reached into the bowl of mini candy bars I put down to her level. As she picked one, I said "take another one sweetie" so she promptly set it back in the bowl and picked a different one....

I had to laugh as I explained that I meant to take TWO of them.

I noticed a lot of dads with the little ones tonight. And most kids were being driven around. Lots of cute costumes too and not so many bloody, gross ones.

I remember trick or treating here myself...many moons ago. Back then we usually took an old flannel shirt of our dads, tied a rope through the loops on our Levis, stuffed a pillow inside to make us look fat, rubbed some dirt and ashes on our faces (really) and went as a hobo.

One of my friends from then found me a year or so ago on Face Book. She said the thing she remembered most about me was that I always had the biggest bag of candy at Halloween. That's because I used a pillowcase :)

The last time I trick or treated was when I was 15. I talked my dad into letting me wear his old Navy uniform...white bell bottom pants and navy blue top. Had the white sailor hat too. I remember a picture being taken. Not sure he still has it, I'll have to look someday. I asked him and he remembered me wearing it. Said he doesn't know where it ever went. Thinks the step mom tossed it out.....

Anyway, it's late now and I'm just rambling. Trying to get back posting again. By the time anyone reads this it will be the real Halloween. Wonder how many will celebrate it tonight....

That's kind of taboo in Utah.

Did I say it's late?















See ya Yesterday...

3 comments:

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

First of all, that shade of red is my absolute favorite. It punctuates several rooms in my house....no, it IS several rooms in my house and it punctuates one.

The blog looks great! I DID like it the way it was just before you did this. as well.

Is the witch picture you? It's so tiny and wouldn't blow up. I did the striped stockings. A stylin' witch, if there ever was one!

The ghosts and goblins came between 6 and 7:30 last night. Curfew was actually 8, but the little ones never last that long.

We all used pillow cases to trick or treat too. I see these little plastic pumpkins and I think that's more horrible than any Halloween ghoul.

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Jake! And many more.

BTW, we can now count down from the number 10....tick, tick, tick. Can you believe it?

Ruth P. said...

Glad you're back! (and funny, I bought those exact stockings the other day, to go with my 'witch shoes'. Halloween is not my holiday, didn't have it when I grew up.
Don't know what I'll do yet - our Halloween is today - the real one!
Love the roses....

My Grama's Soul said...

Hello sweet lady.....so glad to have you back!!!!

I'm likin' this new look of yours....no not the witches outfit....(O:(O: you new back ground and color....

When I was a kid they called the night before Halloween beggar's nite....is that what they celebrate in Utah?

Happy Halo...
Jo