LOVEABLE QUIRKY PEEPS

12/31/10

NELSON....

OR....

Another AMAZING ADVENTURE :)

I planned on telling about my trip to Boston, And I will.
But first I want to share Nelson's story.

Don't know Nelson?

Well, let me tell you a little about him.

About five years ago, while Christmas shopping in November, I was ready to leave a store empty handed. You know how sometimes there just isn't anything you see that grabs your attention. It was a little specialty shop in Ephriam. ( If you've read Canute and Sarah's story you'll know the town) I was making my way to the door and something made me turn to the right. There, tucked into the corner of a bookcase, among some crocheted scarves, silly looking reindeer and other odds and ends, sat a cloth snowman....smiling at me :)

He wasn't exactly snowy white; a little grungy looking actually. He wore pants, a jacket and a hat. But not a black top hat like you'd expect to see on a snowman. His made me think of the hat Scrooge wore.

But he kept smiling at me. I stood there looking back at him with my own silly smile. He was telling me I needed to take him home. So I did. And after looking at his smile, wondering what his name should be, Nelson told me who he was :)

I didn't just keep him out for a Christmas decoration. Something about Nelson makes you want to have him around. So when someone came for a visit, sometimes they saw Nelson. Sometimes not. He still liked to hang out in corners of bookshelves and such.

This year when I started decorating and sat him among the other Christmas stuff...

 he started a conversation...

He loves that we've relocated and that I got to go on a journey this year. He knew all about meeting PJ and her family, but wondered why he didn't get to go. I had a few reasons, all of which he smiled at, then he had an idea....



I found a box just big enough....


Made sure he was comfortable.....


Then, gave him a big hug and kiss,
he promised to behave...
then waved good bye.

Ya, he's really smiling now!

I taped the box up real good,
wrote the Delaware address real plain,
then took him to the Post Office and paid the fee.

I was a tich nervous...


Then a few days later...
This came in an email :)

Can you tell how happy he is sitting on PJ's back step?

He even got to meet Journey :)

 
And here he is in his very special place of honor for Christmas this year. How blessed he is!



So, now you  know Nelson and his story.
But his journey is only beginning...
He gets to stay in Delaware till next December when he'll come back here for Christmas!
I can't wait to hear what he'll do all year....

Sure hope he behaves. I warned PJ about hearing a silly giggle sometimes...

I'll let you know more whenever I hear from him :)


Have a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR wherever you are!









See ya Yesterday...One day at a Time...

6 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Ha!Ha! (is that Ho! Ho! Ho! I hear faintly echoing me?) I love Nelson's story...I just know he'll love his year with PJ as they treated you so well! Happy New Year to the lot of you there and please pass on a special Happy New Year to Nelson and PJ for me...lol..still chuckling to meself!

Viki said...

I bet Nelson will have a good time and will have lots to tell LOL.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

What a heart warming story!
Long live Nelson and his travels.
He is ADORABLE.

Busy Bee Suz said...

He is so cute. I love him...I sure hope he tells us everything about this coming year!!!

Elizabeth said...

I love Nelson's story! I am going to spent a lot more time blogging this year! Happy New Year!

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh Vicki....what a dear story....and how clever....Nelson is a cutie!!!! So is PJ and so are you!!!!!!!

Xo

Jo