LOVEABLE QUIRKY PEEPS

5/12/12

TO MOM...

Happy Mother's Day to all the awesome Mom's reading this
And the ones who aren't
like mine....

She's only seventeen here,  think I'm four or five months new
She didn't have an easy life, being raised by nun's never is
I have a picture of her at St Roses Orphanage...somewhere

The reason she won't read this isn't cause she's not around anymore, she's just not into computers
She's actually very reclusive
Goes along with the lifestyle she lead for quite awhile


This is mom and Jim when she was 42. They're still together after 40 years. Not common with bikers. But they take care of each other and I love them dearly. There were years that I never knew where she was. And I missed her... now she finally calls me once a week because I got her an easypeasy cell phone

She may not have been the ideal mom, even in my eyes sometimes. But she did the best she could

She'll be 79 in July

I know some of you don't have your mom with you anymore.  I know that time will come for me. So I'll relish her voice once a week, smile at all her quirkyness (she's funny paranoid sometimes), wish she wasn't so far away and hope my own kids understand where I come from when I get quirky.....they haven't been around their Grama much, but love her anyway. And that makes me smile

Happy Mom's day to you all

xoxox

Remembering also my sweet Aunt Louise who left us on Mother's Day...







8 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

You certainly got your mom's look young gene.

Happy mothers day to you, my dear friend.

RoeH said...

It's hard to understand until you're on the other side of 50 and going - you know - down the hill. But I know now for than ever - they ALL did the best they could for the times they were born into.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Happy Mothers Day. (((hugs)))Pat

Ruth P. said...

Happy Mother's Day!
(I'm still shaking my head at having a grandma who belonged to a biker gang - from the perspective of your kids) but how much the photos contribute to the story!
Thank you for sharing, that's great,
Hugs!

Viki said...

Do they still ride? Happy Mother's day.

mxtodis123 said...

My mom was there, but she wasn't there. She had a life of her own, and I wasn't meant to be a part of it. I never understood. How can a woman fight to have a child (she had many miscarriages) and then when she finally has a live birth, treat that child with such meanness, with words that emotionally scar the child well up into adulthood.

I'm older now and I somewhat understand, and I have forgiven, but not forgotten. I still fight the self-esteem issue at times. I know that, in her heart she loved me, and I realize now that I loved her. I just wish we'd had a little time to overcome the past. Happy Mother's Day
Mary

Sandy said...

As your Aunt, my mom left us on Mothers Day and I put that to her Irish sense of humor.. those kids will always remember the day I died...
Your thoughts of your mom put tears in my eyes.. yes, no matter what we do we all do the best we can. It's not easy trying to raise ourselves let alone kids...
lovely post
Happy Mothers Day
Sandy

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is so sweet.
And really? Who has an 'ideal' Mom? Well, my kids don't....and I don't either. ;)
Glad you keep in touch with each other.
Hugs to you...one of my favorite Mama's in the land.
xoxo