LOVEABLE QUIRKY PEEPS

5/15/12

TUESDAY TIDBITS...

And a tune
But in a minute...

First a few of life's tidbits.

As some of you know I work on an army base,
out in the middle of some camels navel....
People from different walks of life live here, military and civilian. I work at Army Lodging, won't take you long to figure out my position...starts with an H.. I've learned in the last two years that it doesn't matter where someone comes from, life is full of d.r.a.m.a! One gal is from the Phillipines, one from Panama, one from Thailand...and me, the only native:) Even the Manager is German....talk about drama... I'll tell more stories about work off and on but today I need you to imagine you're standing in the laundry room in a motel setting, the pissed-off-at-the-world-no-matter-what boss comes in, ummm...pissed off, and informs us we will be going outside and picking up any trash and cigarette butts daily because the maintenance workers are mad at her and haven't been doing it.

Complete silence....till she walks out of the room.

Then all hell breaks loose...in four different languages...Mwahaha!

Oh the drama:)

On a brighter note...

My Mom's Day was extra special this year. Two of my sons came and did things around here for me. You know, get the lawnmower running, put the weedeater together, load a bed I don't use on the truck to take home and put together a bookcase. Guy stuff:) That was special enough, but they also gave me an off the chart surprise. My kids are like tumbleweeds...  But once in awhile they gather into a bunch and do something awesome. Like sneak their sister from Colorado here without mom knowing, get the rest of them all in one place and....

Do this....



And this


And this

And put happy tears from the heart in their mama's eyes...
I sure love my tumbleweeds:)

Ok, this is a long post for me but get use to it, I feel like talking!
And I know my header is off kilter till I figure out how to fix it..
And I said there'd be a tune
Here's it is...taken from HER..



ChiTown Girl  you're a hoot:)

Till tomorrow....

xoxox



9 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

How awesome, awesome, AWESOME is that! :0)
Gorgeous family you have there and they are gorgeous on the inside too. (((hugs)))Pat

Ruth P. said...

What a beautiful family, and what a great surprise! (good looking family!)
A pissed-0ff German? Really? Never heard of such a thing mmmwaaahhh!

Viki said...

Great family pics. Loved the video LOL.

Dazee Dreamer said...

That is the best mothers day present ever!!!!!!!!!! I would have been bawling my eyes out.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Wow what a great bunch of tumbleweeds you have and their all so pretty and handsome too.
That was such a great way to surprise you brought tears to my eyes.
Love when family can all be together. That's what keeps us going.
So happy you shared this with us and its great your boys did all those things for you. How I know how nice that is. haha
Love ya
Maggie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Vicki, so happy that your Mother's Day was so great! What a cute family. Just seems like drama happens wherever there are a bunch of woman. The secretaries at hubbys work are always having drama. I guess it makes the world go round. lol!
Hugs,
Jann

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a wonderful mother's day surprise for you....and girllllllllll you deserve all the best from your tumbleweeds!
Love all the photos...but where is the Mama hen?
That song is just wrong. Like you and Chi!!!!!

Judie said...

What a wonderful post, Jakie! If anyone deserved a great Mother's Day, it's you, my sweet friend.

xoxo

LuLu Kellogg said...

SO glad you got to see all your babies!

Hope all is well your way! I am finally getting back around to Blogging again and visiting all my favorite Blogs :)

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo