LOVEABLE QUIRKY PEEPS

4/26/09

Progress?

Wish I would have put these on in order.....
This is with the first coat of Magnetic Paint. Now I have to let it dry for 3 days! Then I can put another coat on. I think the thicker the coat, the better so it will take some patience...




Had to show what the weather was doing outside as I was painting.....ya, it's snow!





Good old painters tape and newspaper....




Can't tell much on here but it's actually a nice warm caramel kinda brown...




Good thing I have the handy dandy big level. And why does this wall look lighter ??





Well, at least I got it all painted! You can't tell too good in the pictures, but after putting my faith into the hands of the paint guys at the store, I decided I could mess it up as good as they can....
Ok, Lindalu said I'm just picky and she's right but hey, my room, my color, right? :)

At first I thought I'd try something different like a nice pastel or maybe divide two colors on the walls. And I really did try but when a nice soft light green at the paint store came home with me and was a neon colored Easter Green (see prior post) and then a light Aqua/Jade turned out to be a screaming Robin's Egg Blue, that was enough for me. So I took the first light brown color I had, went and got a dark brown and mixed them together...... I LOVE IT!
When Linda saw it she said that looks more like me. She calls me an "Earthy" person; too dark for her, but it's all me for sure. I just stood there and smiled :)

So now the room is painted, even the ceiling "green" is gone, and I'm ready for the next stage....THE WALL. You can see what I'm doing and I'll post each stage so if someone else wants to do this, it's here. Guess I should explain first. I'm going to have a good chunk of one wall be a magnetic chalkboard! I'm sure someone else has done this somewhere else but I'll just figure it out myself. Now I just hope it works!

It will take a couple days for the first stage to dry before I can do the next one, so stay tuned... And wish me luck!




No comments: